Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Do You Have A Dream Dress Too?

How perfect is this dress?  This dress was sold by the time I saw it.   This is my dream swing dress.  What a beauty!  I love the sleeve length, the duel color scheme, cut,  embellished bodice, the ruffled shoulders...everything!   I can certainly see this dress being worn for a swing dance event.  Now, why can't I go to Macy's and buy this dress today? <smile>

Do any of you have a vintage dream dress that you've seen either available or sold?  I'd love to hear about it and post a link too:)

This dress is from  Adored Vintage.  They are also on Etsy.  I'd love to visit this shop.  If you are in Los Angeles, check it out and let us know.


We also made it through with no power outage.  Such a great day!



I had a couple of fellow bloggers request a full image of the scarf I wore here.   I bought this scarf on ebay for under $20.   I'm thinking I would call this disco meets Marie Antoinette. lol.  They sure look like they are all having a great time.



13 comments:

  1. That...dress...is....dreamy!! Omg all of her amazing dresses are like a size small...tear tear! My dream dress is out there somewhere hehe xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress really is the kind of thing vintage fashion dreams are made of. Adore! There are so, so many dresses on my dream/fantasy list. There was a super cute 1940s blue and white floral print pinafore style dress on etsy last summer that I so, so wanted. But - almost cruelly on fate's part - it sold, no joke, the night before the day that I was finally able to pick it up. I don't have the link to it any more, but gosh do I wish that beauty had come home with me! Still, I try to approach these things from a "if it's meant to be, it will be" perspective, but that doesn't mean I can't think wistfully of one of the ones that got away. ;)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree "If it's meant to be, it will be." I am so glad though that I can still admire some of these beauties:)

      Delete
  3. Ah, thanks! The scarf is gorgeous and so fun to look at!

    I went to look at the Adored Vintage site and I think I like the 50's dresses the best .. all those large skirted dress would be fabulous for the pear shaped gal ;-)

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it Monica:) Let's see you in a petticoat and 50's ensemble:)

      Delete
  4. I also go for the 'if it's meant to be it will happen' kind of thinking. I count myself lucky for all the beauty I did manage to take home. And I cherish the ones that got away in my dreams.... what's there left to do if a girl can't dream right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I do also believe in the meant to be philosophy too. I have no reason to complain at all as I also have some wonderful dresses. I saw this one and I did a double take:))

      Delete
  5. Oh, you are so right!! I would love to wear that dress swing dancing! Look at that shaping!
    Actually, one of my dream dresses is the purple/black novelty print dress on my thur. post this week. I adore that print and shape!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress you posted might be my dream 40s dress too ... ;) such an adorable piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrasting colors of the dress. We should be able to purchase these beauties today.

    My dream dress is Bernie Dexter's Paris Cafe 1946 dress. Ugh! I can never seem to find it in my size for a good price. So I think I might just have to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so many dream dresses!!!! But most of the time, they are not my size, so they will only be a dream.
    Yours is gorgeous but too 40's for me, my MUST HAVE dress would have a full skirt for sure: NEW LOOK!

    ReplyDelete